Blog dedicated to actress/musician Leisha Hailey

Friday, October 24, 2008

WE MET THE GIRLS IN RALEIGH!!!!!



The pics above are the enormous tour bus that the girls are travelling in--Radiolova of the sho-boards who happens to live in Raleigh--and then me. :) Too my dismay Leisha was just as excited to meet me as I was to meet her. Ok I've been getting calls already about the Leisha encounter, so here it goes:
I got to the Venue (The Lincoln Theatre) about 3:30pm in hopes of meeting the girls b4 showtime--come to find out they had just left out to get something to eat. Of course I was thinking "Ok, I'll wait till they get back to get a pic with them". Well-I waited..and waited...and waited...waited all the way till 5:30pm. Kirby from the UHH boards was also out there with me...both of us had the same intentions...Well when we started to hear Cam singing and doing sound check from inside, we realized that they had given us the slip..:( But all was not in vain. I WAS DETERMINED TO GET MY PICTURE!! The girls came on about 9ish and the room uproariously erupted with screams and yells from the 200+ females crowding the joint. I also got some KICK-ASS FOOTAGE ON VIDEO...:) Long story short---I met up with Radiolova a short time before the girls went on. We made a pact and sealed it in blood that we were gonna meet the girls and get some photo ops. When the concert ended--everyone bum-rushed the autograph table to get up close and personal with their favorite female rock band. Well my heart almost was shattered when the bouncers (or as I call them--gorillas) started shouting "NO PICTURES" "NO PICTURES". Two other girls had snuck pics from the girls b4 the bouncers (gorillas) got there. They kept their promise about the pics, cuz no one else was allowed to take pics after that. Obviously they don't know me very well...heh heh. Anyway, Radiolova and I ascertained that we were the last ones to get autographs. This was my opportunity to let Leisha know who I was. Mind you--three other girls were trying to stick around for pictures too..but that wasn't my concern. I approached Leisha and she immediately shook my hand and gave me the warmest smile that could light up a football stadium. I leaned into her and said "Leisha-I don't know if you remember, but I interviewed you about a month ago. Angela hooked up a phoner with you and I for my Atlanta based Magazine...." ---B4 I could even finish my spew--Leisha, to my surprise jumped up and pointed to me excitedly and said' "OMG!!! YES! I REMEMBER YOU--I'VE BEEN WANTING TO MEET YOU--OMG!! I wanted to apologize to you for sounding soo tired during our interview---I felt bad...but I was sooo tired that day-I've been wanting to meet you since that day". I told her it was ok and that I knew she had been working quadruple shifts. I also told her I'm sorry if I kept her from your busy schedule. She said" ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! IT'S TOTALLY OK--YOU DIDN'T BOTHER ME AT ALL!!." This is when I realized that Leisha gets excited really easily..lolol. Well of course I asked her the inevitable--"I would love to get a picture with you and Cam for the magaz..." she cuts me off, as if she read my mind-- she says' "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!" and commands me behind the autograph booth to get our pic. All bets are off at this point and the bouncers NO LONGER HAVE CONTROL OF THE PICTURE TAKING...hahaha. Leisha had a smile on her face the whole entire time as if we were two ole buddies who hadn't seen each other in yrs...it was kismet. We took our pics and then we proceeded to chat a bit. She asked how long was my flt from da ATL to Raleigh? I said it was only an hr...She says' "You flew all the way from Atlanta just to see us?" But of course my dear Leisha...lol. Radiolova told Leisha that I was at the LA show too, then Leisha looked at me with those wide chinky eyes and asked me if I was at the LA show too?... She said' "We gotta talk.." She started to ask me if I was going to the LA show in November, but the bouncers by this time told us-(including UHH)-that they had to shut down and no more pictures or conversations at this point. I told Leisha that I will send her copies of the magazine as soon as it's printed--she said ok and both she and Cam gave me the warmest hug I have ever gotten from a celebrity--and I've met quite a few on them...I could only feel how geniune and appreciative they were just from that hug alone...I can't explain it...but it was REAL. Bouncers were getting antsy---before I left--Leisha yelled' "I'm soo glad I met you". Leisha--the feeling is most definitely mutual......MUAHH!! :)

28 comments:

shannon said...

yay! i know just how you're feeling right now :) Can't wait to hear your story!

Fleur said...

Wow! How cool, it's looks like everyone has great stories to tell :-)
Love the pictures and I'm glad you had a great experience as well.
Looking forward to hear the whole story.
Exciting!!! I really hope that they will be touring in Europe soon....

J School said...

That's AWESOME! Can't wait to hear about it!

Fleur said...

Thank you for sharing, strangely enough I'm not even jealous LOL but just happy for you and all the other girls that had such a great experience. Did Kirby get a picture too or didn't you see her anymore?
And who made that drawing that Leisha is wearing on her t-shirt?? hahahaha

nat said...

my god you are so lucky, shannon & speedy!!!!
Really excited that you got the opportunity to meet and talk with both Leisha & Cam, but I'm also slightly jealous!! lol

:)

Chi-City said...

So exciting speedy! I'm glad you were able to accomplish all that you set out to do and then some out there in Raleigh. I hope you will be able to attend the LA show in Nov. I'll be there and it would be cool to see you.

J School said...

thats so awesome speedy! sounds like you had a great experience meeting Leisha and Cam. So jealous right now! I love how she just ignored what the bouncers were saying. I don't understand why they won't allow pictures though. Doesn't make sense if the band doesn't mind.

Oh, btw, totally off topic but, your CDs got put in the mail on wednesday with Kaye's belated bday gift. i didn't forget about ya! you actually are gonna get three since i took so long to send.

shannon said...

yeah, they were making a big deal about 'no photos' in dallas during the signing as well. I imagine it has to do with making the line go faster. If everyone got to pose for a photo with the band, it would take forever. i was just glad that I'd already had my photo op with Cam and Leisha early in the day :)

i hope more of you get a chance to meet them at the shows!

nat said...

oh btw, did we get any clarification on the whole A1 Al thing???

they're only doing 1 show in England so far and I can't get to it :( hope they do a HUGE European tour and come to the North of England too, or even Scotland, which is just up the road from me :)

Anonymous said...

That really sucks about the no pics thing...I hope that doesnt happen in Chicago...but Im guessing it prolly will. :( That's awesome that you got to meet her and get pics guys! Im so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

I am sooo jealous of you! It's cool to hear that she was excited to meet you. Wish I could have been there!

Amber said...

I am so excited for you Speedy!! I really wish we wouldve been able to make the NC show, but I'm glad it turned out well for you!

~nitabe~ said...

AHHHHH!!!! *shreaks!!!* Iiii can't believe that so far both reports involve meeting the girlz! You'll get my report nexy week. :)
I get more and more antsy everytime I read the blog!!
Btw- did u get a chance to ask her about the IV of 4!? If not I'll try to keep it in mind for next week, but lawd knows I'll be so dang happy if I get to talk to her I just might forget!!

speedy12 said...

J-school--thank you for my cds :) with everything that has happenend-I'm really excited to get them now..Plus I promised kaye that I'm still taking her out for her birthday. Nitabe & X I didn't get to ask her any of those questions due to the excitement of us discussing our interview encounter...but I would really appreciate if you guys would ask her for me if you attend the shows. We had limited time to really talk because of the bouncers hurrying us up.

As far as the picture taking--Shannon hit it on the nose...It would take forever if everyone took pictures, so I understand why no photos are allowed. Your best bet for getting a photo is to be the last person on line, the girls more than likely will take one with you once the line has diminished. I also spoke to Josh (the drummer) for a long time b4 the show...He is hilariious!!!! He says we're in for a treat with their next webisode--he told us what was on it...It's gonna be HILARIOUS!!!

Nitabe--you better give us a full report when you get back. If you want to meet the girls personally, your best chance is to try to catch them really early b4 doors open. They usually have just woken up and will roam the city to get something to eat...THAT'S THE BEST TIME TO CATCH THEM INCOGNITO AND CEASE YOUR CHANCE TO GET A PHOTO OP. Right Shannon?..:) I'm still replaying Leisha's reaction to her meeting me over and over in my mind..it was like a dream come true. :)


said...

so they definitely stick around for each person? maybe i will try to be last in line as well, if thats what you think is best. im just scared that if i do that and they end up having to leave or something i wont get a chanc to meet them...

speedy12 said...

h.e.r., that won't happen--the girls are really generous and appreciative...you won't have any problems. :)

shannon said...

you know, i've been to a lot of shows, seen a lot of bands over the years. And this is the only the second time the artist stayed to meet everyone and sign autographs (the other was cyndi lauper). In my experience it's rare, and I think it's really great that they take the time to do this. The fans who support them are the ones making it possible to do what they love, and it's good to know that this is a band that appreciates that. As if I didn't like them enough before, I like them even more now, knowing that.

Susanne said...

Speedy,

thanks for the report it was a really good thing to read. I laughed at your boths reacvtions actually. With you not at you that is.

PS:

Don´t forget to email me right, Speedy? lol

Sorry for beeing so annoying Speedy! ;-)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
speedy12 said...

Cayenne--thank you soo much--your comment means a lot to me...I have a followers blog link at the beginning of the page--I would love for you to join. I also failed to mention this little tidbit yesterday...I asked Leisha if she reads the blog, both she and Cam said they try to stay away from blogs because they can be depressing. This is true--blogs and discussions boards can be cruel and degrading--we do have some "ignant" ppl out there. But I reassured her and Cam that this blog is all positive and informative because Kaye and I won't stand for any nonsense. She said surprisingly, "REALLY?!!" So she may check it out, but I totally don't blame them for not reading blogs--I had to delete some posts awhile back because a few ppl were hating,but I think I know my bloggers pretty well now--and everyone has been awesome!!!

Again Cayenne--Welcome aboard!!! :)

Susanne said...

Speedy did you overread me? :-(

*cries* lol

shannon said...

i don't know if i'd want them to read my gushing story about meeting them, haha! i'd be a little embarrassed. :)

LeeLin said...

Speedy that is awesome I swear..Im going to see the girls today in Philly and I'm really excited about it..I would love to be able to chat with them the way that you did but I doubt that's gonna happen...Congrats again!!!!

speedy12 said...

Anne I would never intentionally overread you...wink wink :). I was trying to answer some questions and clarify some things first about the concert. Leelin--plz come back and tell us about the concert in Philly--:)

Susanne said...

awww thanks so much speed<12....sorry I am so damn inmpatient.

My mistake..sorry again.

Anonymous said...

Great pics Speedy and Radio, glad ya'll had a blast!

J School said...

you are most definitely welcome Speedy. hope you like em! i haven't talked to Kaye in forever so i dunno if she got them or not.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bookmark and Share